Sunday 2 January 2011

Introduction

Hello all and welcome to my Monday Metal Treasures marathon. My aim with this project is to make a post every week talking about any metal songs, giving some background information on the band and album as well as explaining why the song is good. This won't be mentioning all the obvious metal songs such as Run to the Hills, Master of Puppets, Iron Man, etc. Instead, I'll be focusing on lesser known songs or those that may be overlooked on a regular basis due to other songs overshadowing them. Some metal songs may have some recognition but others may have slipped through the crack for genuine metal fans.

Why I'm doing this is not only because I want to show others what great stuff there is out there in heavy metal and show its endless amount of potential, this year happens to mark myself as a metal fan for 5 years. On the first week of 2006, I bought Metallica's black album and that was my true gateway to heavy metal. Sure, there's loads of better albums out there but we all start small and if you compare my interests then and now, a lot has changed. I've listened to over 400 metal albums over the last 5 years and the number of albums will only expand. Considering all the songs I've listened to, there has to be a lot to talk about and making 52 posts showing 52 different heavy metal artists (yes, I do mean 52 different artists) will show how much there is to check out from one music genre.

Keep in tune as every Monday from the 3rd January up until 26th December I post the metal song of the week. Some months will have a theme to them but which ones they are will be revealed when the time comes. However, enjoy the kick off as we start with early metal month.

No comments:

Post a Comment